Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Bee Positive"

"One of the challenges of this mortal experience is to not allow the stresses and strains of life to get the better of us—to endure the varied seasons of life while remaining positive, even optimistic."-L. Tom Perry, Quorum of the Twelve.

With any lifestyle it is essential to be positive, because if you do not focus on the good aspects of life and of yourself, you will soon find your self very unhappy. Elder L. Tom Perry said in a talk from General Conference, "There are cycles of good and bad times, ups and downs, periods of joy and sadness, and times of plenty as well as scarcity. When our lives turn in an unanticipated and undesirable direction, sometimes we experience stress and anxiety. One of the challenges of this mortal experience is to not allow the stresses and strains of life to get the better of us—to endure the varied seasons of life while remaining positive, even optimistic. Perhaps when difficulties and challenges strike, we should have these hopeful words of Robert Browning etched in our minds:'The best is yet to be' " My challenge to you is for one day, apply those great words to your life "The best is yet to be". We are all working towards a greater goal, and soon we will achieve that goal wether it be a temple marriage, an eternal family, a promotion at your work, or a good grade on your final exam. Remember to always take the opportunity to "bee positive", I'm ending with this great poem that might help you gain a little perspective.....

I Am Thankful For...
For the teenager who is not doing dishes but is watching TV, because that means he is at home and not on the streets.
For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.
For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking, and that I have been blessed with transportation.
For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
For the lady behind me in my place of worship when she sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.
and finally....

For too much e-mail, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.
*Author Unknown
-Don't forget, BEE POSITIVE, BE INVOLVED, BEE SMART, & BEE HEALTHY.
K

2 comments:

Ali said...

I really like that post. Considering my husband leaves early tomorrow morning to head back to Iraq and I have been bummed out all day, it made me remember to focus on the good of it all.

Anonymous said...

Aw i really like this post. such a good way to look at everything positivly., i love it.