Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bee Involved

Hello my blog readers!
I will eventually be posting on a daily bases but right now I am so 'involved' I haven't quite worked up to that point. I found this in a talk by Elder John K. Carmack and I thought it just made sense to me. It caused me to reflect on my own marriage and I was so appreciative of Elder Carmacks words:
Marriage is more likely to come as a result of being involved in other useful activities and goals.

Marriage is more likely to come naturally, from living life fully, than by a direct and pointed campaign to achieve that long-range goal.

There is little direct advice on marriage found in the records of the Savior’s mortal ministry. The Lord’s emphasis was on service to others and on treating people with love and respect. His counsel led primarily to spiritual growth rather than directly to marriage. His parable of the talents was a powerful exhortation that energy should be invested in increasing the talents one has been given and in employing those gifts granted to all of us. Those who fearfully hid their talents and brooded over the risks involved, he cautioned, would reap a bitter harvest. The parable was not for married people alone, but for all of us. It has been, for me, a powerful lesson. Life is rich, stimulating, interesting, and challenging. "Men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
Enjoy life, be involved in the good things that interest you, and find satisfaction, joy, and happiness, whether or not you find a marriage partner in this life. Your opportunity to marry may come indirectly rather than by directly focusing on that objective.

What I took from this was that in order to grow in your marriage become more involved. Serve others, serve your spouse, increase your talents and share them with others. My husband gives me a hard time because it might seem I can become to 'involved' and while this may be true I am never more happy then when I am involved! My challenge for this post it become more involved, volunteer, coach a sports team, help your neighbor, you will feel so much better and be involved with your spouse! It will bring you so much closer together. Until next time my readers....

"Bee Positive, Bee Involved, Bee Smart, Bee Healthy"
K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw i love this, exactly what i needed. awesome post!